The CSOS Registration Authority requires a photocopy of a letter granting power of attorney for all applicants (excluding the Registrant) requesting a CSOS Signing certificate. This letter must include the following information:
- Name and address of the associated organization
- DEA Registration number(s) for which Power of Attorney is being granted
- A brief statement expressing that Power of Attorney for controlled substance ordering is being granted to the Attorney-in-fact by an authorized party
- Name and signature of the individual being granted Power of Attorney (i.e. the "Attorney-in-fact")
- Name and signature of the individual granting Power of Attorney (i.e. the Registrant)
- Signature of two witnesses employed by the associated organization
- The date that Power of Attorney is granted
A letter granting power of attorney must be similar to the following format:
You may be able to use an existing power of attorney letter or you may use this sample power of attorney letter.
NOTICE: This letter is from the Federal Code of Regulations (CFR) section 1305.05. The CFR is the official source for information regarding DEA Regulations.
NOTICE: This is an unofficial version. An official version of this publication may be obtained directly from the Government Printing Office (GPO).