CSOS Certificate Export Instruction
For Internet Explorer Version 8 and up
Print these instructions
These instructions may vary slightly from computer to computer.
1. In the Internet Explorer menu bar, select Tools -> Internet Options.
2. Switch to the Content tab.
3. Click the Certificates button.
4. Select the Certificate to export and click the Export button.
5. At the Certificate Export Wizard screen, click Next.
6. At the Export Private Key screen, select "Yes, export the private key" and click Next.
7. Verify that the "Personal Information Exchange - PKCS #12 (.PFX)" option is selected.
8. Check "Include all certificates in the certification path if possible" and "Export all extended properties."
9. Click Next.
10. At the Password screen, type and confirm the password associated with the Certificate.
11. Click Next.
This password was created by the Certificate owner while retrieving his/her Certificate (this is not the Access Code Password).
12. At the File to Export screen, click Browse.
13. Select a location to export the file to.
14. Enter a name for the Certificate file in the 'File name:' field.
To save the file to your desktop, select Desktop in the left pane.
To save the file to a flash drive, switch the 'Save in' drop down list to Removable Disk.
15. Verify that the 'Save as type' option is set to "Personal Information Exchange (*.pfx)".
Signing Certificates could be named "CSOS Ordering", "CSOS Signing", or use your DEA Registration number.
Administrative Certificates could be named "CSOS Admin".
16. Click Save.
17. Back at the File to Export screen, click Next.
18. At the Completing the Certificate Export Wizard screen, click Finish.
19. (If prompted) At the Exporting your private exchange key! screen, re-enter the Certificate password and click OK.
20. At the The certificate was successfully exported screen, click OK.
If you receive an error stating that the private key was not exportable, an incorrect Certificate password was entered. You may attempt the export again.
Repeat these steps if you have another certificate to export.